|JA No. : 3591
| Marital Status
||traveling, sports, music
| Major subject
| Minor subject
| Information On Your College or University
||-Name : University of Ottawa
-Location : City(Ottawa) State(ON) Country(Canada)
| Teaching Certificate
(if you have)
| Degree You Have
| Date Of Starting Work
| Desired Location
||Big City(Seoul, Bucheon, Incheon, Busan)
| Desired Pay Per Month
| Type Of Housing Desired
| Saturday Work
| Teaching Level Desired
Kindergarten, Elementary school
| Teaching Experience
||I taught in Korea in Seoul in 2017 to elementary and middle school students.
| Explain About Your Personality
||I am easy going and fun. I enjoy learning new things and meeting new people and experiencing new things.
=My Skype ID is richard.trenholm
| Cover Letter
|***이하 Resume(원본은 요청 시 제공)============
It is with great enthusiasm that I would like to apply and be considered for an ESL teaching position at your school. I have achieved a Baccalaureate in social sciences with a major in political science from the University of Ottawa. I have also completed the Oxford Seminars Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) course.
I have experience teaching English in Seoul South Korea and am very comfortable with the expectations of an English teacher. I believe a successful teacher should keep the students actively learning by involving them in the lessons and engaging them with interesting subject matter. I have an outgoing and approachable personality which makes the students feel comfortable in a learning environment. Creating and presenting stimulating lesson plans for all types of learners helps keep the students’ attention.
Through my prior career achievements I gained valuable experience that was easily transferred into the classroom. I am comfortable instructing different class sizes and age groups as I was tasked with teaching small class sizes as little as 1 to 1 or up to as large as 14 students. I taught students as young as grade 1 elementary and as old as grade 3 middle school and everything in between.
Enclosed you will find my resume with all of my necessary contact information. I would be happy to hear from you to discuss how I could contribute to your school. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Birth: Canada / 1986
English Ability: Native Speaker
Marital Status: Single
2015: TESOL/TESL Certification (100 Hours) Ottawa, Canada
2004 - 2007: Baccalaureate in Social Science Ottawa, Canada
Major: Political Science
University of Ottawa
2016 - 2017: English Language Instructor, Ubesta Gocheok Campus Seoul, South Korea
• Developed and presented original lesson plans for classes of 1 student to as many as 14, aged 8 to 16 years old, using a number of different techniques.
• Focused on improving speaking, listening and reading comprehension skills of students from a wide range of ages and English levels.
2016: Census Processing Operator, Statistics Canada Ottawa, Canada
• Answered inquiries pertaining to the census, processed respondent requests for further action and assisted respondents in completing their questionnaire.
• Data entry of sensitive and confidential material.
2015: Deputy Returning Officer, Elections Canada Kanata, Canada
• Provided all voters with a ballot on Election Day. Ensured all voters had proper identification. Issued required oaths to those who were missing some documentation.
• Prior to the opening of polls, prepared my polling station to be ready for the day.
• At the close of polls, responsible for counting all ballots that were cast at my station and balancing with the number of ballots issued.
2012 - 2015: Supervisor, Shoppers Drug Mart Kanata, Canada
• Supervised all on duty staff. Managed and covered employee breaks. Tendered off cashiers at the end of their shifts and ensured deposits balanced.
• Resolved customer issues according to established guidelines (refunds, exchanges, etc.).
• Trained new staff in a one-on-one setting.
2011 - 2015: Merchandiser/Cashier, Shoppers Drug Mart Kanata, Canada
• Stocked shelves with product. Corrected inventory discrepancies.
• Ensured the accuracy of store signage, pricing and displays.
• Exhibited excellent customer service, interpersonal skills when assisting clientele.
2009 - 2011: Research and Production Assistant, Atlantic Multimedia Kanata, Canada
• Conducted internet research gathering information on various business sectors including; the arts, music, university and community radio stations in Canada, and Atlantic Canadian businesses.
• Managed data inputs into various communication software tools used by Atlantic Multimedia including, MailChimp, and MyFax.
2008 - 2009: Sales Associate, Clubhouse - More Than Just Caps Ottawa, Canada
• Interacted with customers, processed online orders and shipments.
• Ensured accuracy of daily transactions, maintained supplies and equipment.
2003: Volunteer Hockey Coach, Heads Up Hockey Camp Ottawa, Canada
• Assisted with running the drills for the hockey players; children ranged in age from 9-12.
• Encouraged the young players to participate and have fun in the activities.
2002: Volunteer Teacher, Kanata Care Daycare Kanata, Canada
• Supervised the children and maintained a safe play environment.
• Interacted with the children ranging in age from 3-6 by playing games to make sure they were happy and having fun.
• Worked in small groups with the children on their reading and listening skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Languages: French (Beginner)
Travel: Canada, USA, South Korea, Japan, Singapore.
Interests: Sports, Music, Movies, Travelling.
Skills: Hard working, Team oriented Organized, Reliable, Motivated.