|JA No. : 3565
||Khalilah /티칭경력: 아래참조
| Marital Status
||Singing, Language Learning, Writing
| Major subject
||Economics and Biotechnology
| Minor subject
| Information On Your College or University
||-Name : Syracuse University
-Location : City(Syracuse) State(New York) Country(United States)
| Teaching Certificate
(if you have)
| Degree You Have
| Date Of Starting Work
| Desired Location
||(Sejong City or Daejeon )
| Desired Pay Per Month
| Type Of Housing Desired
| Saturday Work
| Teaching Level Desired
Kindergarten, Elementary school, Middle School
| Teaching Experience
||I have many years' experience teaching individuals of various age levels (kindergarten-university). In the past year, I worked with both Korean and foreign graduate school students studying in Korea to help them improve their fluency and accuracy in English. I also worked with several Korean children at the kindergarten level to introduce them to and build their familiarity with the language.
| Explain About Your Personality
||I am a warm, outgoing and open-minded person. I love meeting new people and I am very open to new experiences, making it easy for me to adjust to different settings. I am friendly, comfortable to be around and tend to have an easy time engaging others, which I have found to be a great asset when it comes to teaching students who are shy or afraid to participate.
| Cover Letter
I am writing to express my interest in being a Foreign Language Teacher at your institution. I am a native-speaker of English from the United States, and spent the past year pursuing my Master’s at KDI School in Sejong City. I am currently completing an internship in Timor-Leste, but hope to obtain a challenging position prior to my return to Korea on February 10th. I have successfully completed a 150-hour TEFL course, which included a specialist section on teaching young learners. I also hold a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Biotechnology from Syracuse University. I am thus confident that I possess the skills necessary to be an asset to your institution.
Many of my classmates over the past year (coming from different regions and nationalities) struggled with their confidence in their ability to effectively communicate in English. I worked with several of these individuals one-on-one to help them improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. In recognition of my understanding of English grammar, ability to impart knowledge, patience and amicable personality, I was also hired by the school to be an Editor for the Writing Center. I assisted students in improving their writing to meet the standards of academic literary texts.
While pursuing my Bachelor’s degree, I worked part-time at two kindergartens/ daycare centers in New York. My focus was on ensuring that the children developed the skills they would need as they moved on to elementary school. I enjoy working with young learners (kindergarten-middle school) because of their energy and enthusiasm. My various years of experience, working in people-centered roles and in fast-paced environments, allowed me to develop the interpersonal, communication and time-management skills necessary to perform well as a foreign language teacher.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I am eager to meet with you to discuss the details of this position and your school’s learning environment, and to answer any inquiries you may have about my qualifications. I can be contacted via email at k.hyde.peyor phone at +670 I look forward to hearing from you.
**이하 Resume(원본은 요청 시 제공)==========
Date of Birth: 04/24/1992
I am a TEFL certified (150-hours) instructor, with several years’ experience working with young learners and helping individuals of all age groups improve their English language skills. I am very passionate about South Korea, having lived there for a year and growing to love the culture, people and traditions. I hope to continue my journey in the Korean society, by shifting from the role of a student to an educator, and using my experience and knowledge to increase the English competency of Korea’s future leaders.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
01/2018 GLOBAL LANGUAGE TRAINING London, UK
• Master’s TEFL Certificate, 150 Hours
o Including: Teaching young learners, content and language integrated learning (CLIL), teaching adults, and English for specific purposes (ESP).
12/2017 KDI SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY AND MANAGEMENT Sejong City, South Korea
• Master of Public Policy
o Concentrations: Public Finance and Social Policy, and International Development
05/2012 SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY Syracuse, USA
• Bachelor of Science
o Majors: Economics and Biotechnology
06/2009 BARD HIGH SCHOOL EARLY COLLEGE New York, USA
• Associate of Arts
o Major: Liberal Arts
01/2018 – Present THE ASIA FOUNDATION Dili, Timor-Leste
Nabilan Program and Community Policing Support Services (CPSP) Intern
• Organize a library/resource of publications by Nabilan and partners.
• Develop an indexing system which includes a short summary of each publication.
• Collaborate with the CPSP M&E Officer to identify and address issues in its collection and analysis of data for M&E in supporting the update the annual report.
• Identify, analyze and summarize literature relating to community policing in Timor-Leste.
02/2017 – 12/2017 KDI SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY AND MANAGEMENT Sejong City, South Korea
09/2017 – 12/2017 Writing Center Editor
• Provided one-on-one sessions to students at all stages of the writing process
• Provided feedback and advice aimed at improving students’ ability to think critically and communicate successfully through their own work.
• Assisted with the writing, consulting, proofreading, and editing of written documents ranging from resumes and cover letters to term papers, supervised research projects, capstone projects, and theses.
• Identified problems in grammar, syntax, diction, usage, and logic.
• Provided advice and recommendations on the structure, argument, evidence, and logical flow of writing assignments.
10/2017 – 12/2017 Voice of KDI - Voice Actor
• Narrated KDI’s video reports on economic and policy areas in English.
09/2017 – 12/2017 Administrative Assistant
• Worked with staff to draft speeches for key personnel at training events.
• Edited and revised technical documents and materials.
• Provided administrative support to the Capacity Building Office of the KDI School
02/2017 – 08/2017 Class Assistant
• Acted as emergency contact point; sent e-mail notices to students.
• Collected assignments and uploaded lecture notes.
• Maintained student roster, attendance and class schedule for the Academic Affairs Division.
• Prepared classroom for lecture (made room reservations, set-up presentation tools: microphone, pointer, etc.).
05/2013 – 01/2017 MCKISSACK & MCKISSACK New York, USA
10/2013 – 01/2017 Small Business Enterprise Coordinator / Project Coordinator
• Communicated Minority & Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Section 3 Resident and Business Concerns compliance protocols to project subcontractors.
• Drafted and revised supplementary marketing materials and proposal documents.
• Trained assistants and interns in data entry and compliance processes.
• Collaborated with community workforce programs to create targeted outreach protocols.
• Composed and edited technical and strategic documents and materials.
05/2013 – 09/2013 MWBE/Diversity Consulting Services Intern
• Gathered, tracked and examined all MWLBE workforce data and documentation.
• Fielded, logged and tracked inquiries from small businesses and workforce candidates.
• Assisted with creation of presentations, memos, agendas, correspondence and other meeting materials.
09/2014 – 09/2016 THE LIFE TIMES AND LEGACY OF DR. KARL S. HEUSNER Belmopan City, Belize
Assistant Book Editor
• Supervised book material development.
• Assisted with entire writing, proofreading, and editing process.
• Addressed problems in grammar, syntax, diction, usage, and logic.
• Gave feedback and recommendations on the structure and logical flow of the book.
• Collaborated with design team on cover design and layout.
09/2011 − 05/2012 SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY Syracuse, USA
Research Assistant – Biology Department
• Maintained and handled research equipment within the facilities.
• Analyzed data to determine effective hypothesis testing; maintained records of experiments and results.
• Worked with a team of researchers to perform lab experiments.
06/2011 – 08/2011 BELIZE MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT Belmopan City, Belize
• Worked with the Director of the National Authorizing Office to draft contracts.
• Researched current economic issues and trends.
• Organized and participated in presentations.
• Performed administrative tasks: scheduling meetings, distributing communications, etc.
07/2009 – 07/2010 WEE CARE DAY CARE
• Collaborated with head teachers to create a stimulating learning environment
• Coordinated with head teacher to create course material for children.
• Prepared classes using both provided and personally purchased material.
• Maintained safety and order.
10/2009 – 05/2010 SUNY UPSTATE CHILD CARE CENTER
• Assisted head teacher with creating curriculum to prepare students for elementary school.
• Organized activities for children.
• Worked one-on-one with children to improve their speaking skills.
Languages: Fluent English (Native Speaker), High-Intermediate Spanish (B2 Level), High Basic French (A2) and Basic Korean (A1 Level).
IT Literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Adobe, HTML, Windows 10, macOS High Sierra, Linux.
Driving License: I have had a driver’s license for over 6 years.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACTIVITIES
09/2017 – 12/2017 KDI School’s Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Forum Sejong City, South Korea
08/2017 9th Euro-Asia Summer School Seoul & Sejong City, South Korea
Program Participant and Leuven, Belgium
07/2017 – 08/2017 Sejong City’s Global Village Buddy Program Sejong City, South Korea
International Buddy for Middle School Student
Janice Haughton: Program Coordinator of Community and Citizenship, Turner Construction Company
Phone: +1 212-229-6000
Angelo Rivera: Director of Economic Empowerment Program (EEP), Sanctuary for Families
Phone: +1 212-349-6009 X283