*Tips for photo, cover letter, phone interview, and health examination.
When you take photos for your resume or applications (Job Application and Viva Membership Application), please don't;
Please remember the following tips when you write a cover letter.
(1) Your prospective employers that will read your cover letter are Korean. Thus, you are requested to
(2) Most of your prospective employers want esl teachers (not professors) who will teach English to
(3) You have to write in grammatically correct way even if your main job is to teach the students
(4) You have to try to use standard words or terms.
(5) Your cover letter must be focused on attaining an English Teaching Position.
(6) Your prospective employers are interested in your experiences that demonstrate your ability to
(7) You'd better explain;
① Why you want to work as an esl teacher.
② Why you want to work in Korea.
③ Your personality.
④ A couple of things you think are most important to be a successful teacher.
* One or two pages may be acceptable.
Your phone interview with VivaCom or your prospective employer is so important because it is just like your first meeting with them. You should be able to make them have the best impression on you through the interview. Please remember the following tips for the interview.
(1) Your voice must be bright. Try to speak cheerfully.
(2) Don't speak too loud or too low.
(3) Speak clearly and slowly, remembering that most of the interviewers are Korean, but not American.
(4) Write down something important to remember. And you will be able to ask the interviewers later via
(5) Be ready to answer a question like "How do you adjust to unfamiliar or new situations?"
(6) Some of Korean employers want to know the applicant's height(cm) and weight (kg)mainly to check
This examination must take place within 90 days of the teacher’s arrival, but usually takes place within the first couple of weeks. This examination takes place at clinics and hospitals authorized by our government. If illegal drugs do show up on this examination, you will not get the Alien Registration Certificate and will be requested to leave Korea. Thus, if you have any questions as to whether or not the drug test or infectious disease test for you will be positive, we strongly advise you to perform such tests in your home country before signing the employment contract. (Philopon, Cocaine, Opium, Hemp are the essential points for the drug test, HIV test is also an essential point.)
『 We would like to introduce a story regarding the health examination of a 23-year-old female teacher
Any of doctor's notes like the above is totally ignored not only by our immigration office, but by our hospitals.